OMGosh it's been ages Sorrie and Lizzy have been my loves

All whippet fanciers welcome here! Join us and meet whippet lovers from around the world.

OMGosh it's been ages Sorrie and Lizzy have been my loves

Postby Sorrie too » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:16 am

I'll catch you up as I can. When my BC went stage IV in 2016 I had most difficult decision turn over my heart dog Sorrie, " Eclipse Krispin Journey Begins" . it brought me such relief the day I made my decision and again two weeks later after when I transferred him back to Diane, his breeder. I've never had a day of regret having him in my life nor turning him back over. We had 10 great years together. I still have "Daydream's Dizzy Miss Lizzy" she's been a tremendous companion. We've traveled NYC to the pan handle of FL in the last 6 months. The world loves her. I'm not sure how much traveling we'll do doing forward. My disease is progressing quickly. I'm on oral chemo. Feeling ok , just tired. Lizzy seems afraid of me. It makes me sad, she hasn't really slept with me since Sorrie left. I'm very sad. I miss Sorrie and how Lizzy used to cuddle with me. I'm sure she has confussion. Please send prayers.

Best regards, Felicia Rogers
Felicia, Sorrie & Lizzy
Sorrie too
WW Member

Whippet Archives Link: 34797

Re: OMGosh it's been ages Sorrie and Lizzy have been my love

Postby Sorrie too » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:00 am

My point is to love and hug your pups. And get regular mamagrams.
Felicia, Sorrie & Lizzy
Sorrie too
WW Member

Postby PAWhippets » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:26 pm

Hi, Felicia. Sad to hear that you are again battling this evil disease, and that your beloved Sorrie is back with Diane, but am sure that was a good decision for all of you. Glad Lizzy is hanging in there; her brother Weaver, who lives here, is too, and still getting in trouble as much as he can as a 12-year-old :lol: Thinking of you and sending continuing good thoughts and hugs - and yes, mammograms, but self-exams too (after I found my BC with a self-exam - which was kind of a fluke, because I really didn't do them regularly - they wanted to also do a mammogram, for whatever reason, and the results for that were "within normal limits" even after I'd already been diagnosed with cancer :shock: ). Please keep us posted when you can.

Lois
PAWhippets
WW Supporter

Whippet Archives Link: 5649

Postby Sorrie too » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:52 am

Thank you Lois for that reminder, I found my cancer by self exam also. Lizzy is doing well, she is the sweetest most loving dog. Good to hear Weaver is his same mischievous self. I can't believe they are 12 yrs old. I'm not able to figure out the downsizing of photos. She is still her tiny little self who is forever trying to rub off her jammies, coats and sweaters.

Best wishes to you as well.
Felicia, Sorrie & Lizzy
Sorrie too
WW Member

Postby PAWhippets » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:09 pm

Oh, it's so funny you say that, Felicia - I can't remember if we ever talked about that, but Weaver is exactly the same way with any clothing and always has been! Even now at his advanced age, if he seems chilly and is shivering, we'd love to put a sweater on him, but know it will be a battle, although if we're just hanging out in the house it's easy enough because he does like to be covered up with a blanket (although he is also very insistent on rearranging all bedding to his liking, and just as often ends up on top of it anyway, LOL). We have always just told people he prefers to be a nudist, and his sister must be the same way!

I don't really post photos here anymore since Photobucket changed things.

Lois
PAWhippets
WW Supporter

Whippet Archives Link: 5649

Postby chelynnah » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:55 pm

Oh Felicia I’m so sorry. I know it was the right decision but how heartbreaking and difficult.

It’s good to hear from you. Touch base again when you can

Big hugs

Wendy
Wendy J (Chelynnah Whippets)
Chelynnah Chat Blog; Tuggitz! Dog Toyz
Click our signature banner below to visit the Chelynnah website

chelynnah
WW Manager

Whippet Archives Link: 7231

Postby Sorrie too » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:19 pm

Wendy, This summer I found my camera with a 2GB memory card so I popped it in my new camera. The card is Sorrie photos. I still haven't gotten through the pics yet. I was on a trip in a car full of people and just broke down . Sorrie brought me lots of joy, missing him is still hard.

I will keep up on my health and on Lizzy. She's snuggling at my feet now. He's hiding from the my grand kids. It's like a whirlwind when the visit.
Felicia, Sorrie & Lizzy
Sorrie too
WW Member

Postby chelynnah » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:42 pm

That would be so tough. But they'll be wonderful memories at some point. Hugs
Wendy J (Chelynnah Whippets)
Chelynnah Chat Blog; Tuggitz! Dog Toyz
Click our signature banner below to visit the Chelynnah website

chelynnah
WW Manager