Skooting??

All whippet fanciers welcome here! Join us and meet whippet lovers from around the world.

Skooting??

Postby Blanco Suzy » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:32 pm

This is going to sound odd, but here we go. I have had many whippets over my many years. I have never had a whippet that skoots like it needs anal glands expelled. Well, my 4.5 months old female puppy is doing that. I know many dogs do it and it is pretty normal, but I have never had this with a whippet. Should I get a vet exam? I am unsure. Thanks in advance.
Blanco Suzy
WW Member

Whippet Archives Link: 0

Re: Skooting??

Postby PAWhippets » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:56 am

I would definitely have the vet take a look, yes. In a pup that young my first thought might be worms rather than anal glands, but you never know what might be bothering her...and yes, we have had a couple that had issues with anal glands. Let us know what you find out.

Lois
PAWhippets
WW Supporter

Whippet Archives Link: 5649

Postby Blanco Suzy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:54 pm

Yep, going to the vet monday even though she has not done it in a couple of days. I am hoping that after a long bout of puppy loose stool she is just adjusting to "normal" poop.....whatever that is!
Blanco Suzy
WW Member

Postby Blanco Suzy » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:30 pm

UPDATE: No vet issues....no issues with glands....just some quirky thing she does although she has kind of quit doing it for the most part. She does other quirky things so perhaps this is just one more!
Blanco Suzy
WW Member

Postby PAWhippets » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:35 am

Ah, yes, quirky Whippets... we have, and have had, those! Glad to hear there is nothing wrong :)

Lois
PAWhippets
WW Supporter

Whippet Archives Link: 5649

Return to Whippet World Message Board