Coyote Protection!

All whippet fanciers welcome here! Join us and meet whippet lovers from around the world.

Coyote Protection!

Postby sue_rescue » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:38 am

Check this out, we just got Willow a Coyote Vest to protect her from Coyotes! Here is the link for anyone who may be interested, these things are indestructible!

https://www.coyotevest.com/
Attachments
CoyoteVest.jpg
Coyote Vest.jpg
sue_rescue
WW Member

Whippet Archives Link: 0

Re: Coyote Protection!

Postby chelynnah » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:43 pm

WOW!! That's some piece of kit.

Btw she's adorable, china eye and all :romance-inlove:
Wendy J (Chelynnah Whippets)
Chelynnah Chat Blog; Tuggitz! Dog Toyz
Click our signature banner below to visit the Chelynnah website

chelynnah
WW Manager

Whippet Archives Link: 7231

Postby MarciaInNM » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:02 pm

She looks very tough in that outfit!
Marcia
Breezy, Captain, Sonny & Rainy
MarciaInNM
WW Manager

Whippet Archives Link: 5448

Postby Stickdogs » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:02 am

Now that's a cool idea! Not only is it good for possible coyote attack but also stray/ loose dogs. :handgestures-thumbup:

Kristal
Stickdogs
WW Member

Whippet Archives Link: 33688

Postby Greybeard » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:49 am

I might get one for the dog park.
Greybeard
WW Member

Postby Popsicle » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:09 pm

I am shocked by the protection coat. We're in the Uk and so you will appreciate we thankfully don't have Coyote but we definitely have Whippets who love to play with other dogs. Just one hour ago my beautiful Whippy ran and played with a Collie and a Jack Russell, what on earth would happen if you encountered a dog who just wanted to play? The point where the coat is anchored is at her widest part so it could easily slip, twist and cause her a really nasty injury. Or what if she turned to nibble a itchy bottom. I can only imagine Coyote must be a hideous creature if this is what you have to dress your dog in.
Popsicle
WW Member

Postby Greybeard » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:58 pm

I'm in the UK too, and I think it's brilliant! I've checked out the website, and those brushes and spikes are not especially sharp. They're designed to deter, not cause injury. A bit like the spines on a hedgehog.

I'm thinking of a particular oversexed Lurcher who has designs on my Sadie. One of those coats would certainly dampen his ardour. (Okay, I'm not serious about this last bit).
Greybeard
WW Member

Postby chelynnah » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:49 pm

Popsicle wrote:I am shocked by the protection coat. We're in the Uk and so you will appreciate we thankfully don't have Coyote but we definitely have Whippets who love to play with other dogs. Just one hour ago my beautiful Whippy ran and played with a Collie and a Jack Russell, what on earth would happen if you encountered a dog who just wanted to play? The point where the coat is anchored is at her widest part so it could easily slip, twist and cause her a really nasty injury. Or what if she turned to nibble a itchy bottom. I can only imagine Coyote must be a hideous creature if this is what you have to dress your dog in.

I suspect the main purpose of this is to protect her from coyotes on their own property. Sadly this is a reality in many parts of the US. It's a clever idea and could definitely save a dog's life. It would also be good when walking out in the open areas where there aren't a lot of other dogs. Of course it wouldn't be good round lots of other dogs.
Wendy J (Chelynnah Whippets)
Chelynnah Chat Blog; Tuggitz! Dog Toyz
Click our signature banner below to visit the Chelynnah website

chelynnah
WW Manager

Whippet Archives Link: 7231

Return to Whippet World Message Board