Belly band vs diapers

All whippet fanciers welcome here! Join us and meet whippet lovers from around the world.

Belly band vs diapers

Postby Runamok » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:03 am

I hate belly bands -- they always seem to ride forward.

Has anyone ever used a disposable diaper? If so, tell me all the details, please. I don't know anything about diapers -- like what size and how do you modify it for a dog? And, most importantly, does it stay in place?

Nemo ( 13 1/2 years old) has difficulty "holding" it. I'd love to let him sleep loose in the house (right now I have to crate him) but he is no longer trustworthy. I'm thinking a diaper might work but I need advice.

Thanks.

Linda Z
Runamok
WW Supporter

Whippet Archives Link: 0

Re: Belly band vs diapers

Postby coolquaywhippets » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:46 am

Yes, I used Huggies size 6 for our boy Goose when he was having kidney problems. I liked them WAY better than a belly band. You just wrap them around their waist and attach the tapes over the back (there's a gap over the back, but what the heck), they are way more absorbent and Goose hated the belly band but didn't mind the diapers. But, like with belly bands if a dog is determined to get them off, they can.
Ivy
Coolquay Whippets Reg'd.
Home of Ripley, Hawkeye, Breeze, Hunter, Jade, GoGo, Junior, Blueberry, Mini, Salem, and resident Greyhound,"Lacy"
coolquaywhippets
WW Member

Whippet Archives Link: 15058

Postby Fizgig » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:29 am

I had a male diaper custom made, though luckily we haven't had to use it much. Fiz would freak out with the way a belly band moved. The belly-band-attached-to-panties did a great job of keeping the pee pad in place. Pat from BowWowWare made them for me.

I'm happy to report that both since my house situation has settled that the dogs have stopped their random peeing so we have the panties and MAN-ties tucked away in a closet.

No experience with human diapers though....
Fizgig
WW Member

Whippet Archives Link: 0

Postby brandysmom » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:46 am

What about a diaper in a belly band? My belly bands like to slide back, so their rockets can escape. :naughty: But it still deters the peeing.
brandysmom
WW Member

Whippet Archives Link: 31509

Return to Whippet World Message Board