Need 2-3yr old female whippet companion

All whippet fanciers welcome here! Join us and meet whippet lovers from around the world.

Need 2-3yr old female whippet companion

Postby gnorkus » Thu May 03, 2018 3:25 am

HersheyVanillaSm.jpg

Hi All,

4 weeks ago, on April 9th, 2018, our beloved 2 1/2 year old Vanilla (female) passed away due to undetected endocarditis. She leaves behind a delightful, submissive, but lonely Hershey (male). Both animals have always been up-to-date on heart and worm medication and vaccinations, so it was a complete shock.

BackYard2sm.jpg

BackYard2sm.jpg

Hershey is quite mopey and depressed. We're looking for a companion that can be homed with him. He lives in a house with a 1/2 acre completely fenced back yard. Also, there is a dog door that provides all day access to the back yard, and anti digging measures were taken around the perimeter of the fence. We have had no escapes during their time with us. He is very submissive and gentle.

We have several crates and have used them at night, but both had graduated to sleeping out of crate overnight. We would close the dog door access during the night and open it in the morning. Hardwood floors help reduce maintenance. The fireplace is a favorite of all dogs who have lived here (previous dogs were IG's, purchased as puppies, but that lived to ages 15 and 16).

Hershey would love a running partner. If there are any candidates, please let us know. We're in Lincoln DE.
Attachments
BackYard1sm.jpg
gnorkus
WW Member

Whippet Archives Link: 0

Re: Need 2-3yr old female whippet companion

Postby PAWhippets » Fri May 04, 2018 10:27 am

I'm so sorry for your loss of Vanilla - how unexpected and heartbreaking :sympathy-flower: I don't know if you're on Facebook, but my best recommendation, which I wish had existed when we were first searching, is to join the group called Whippets Available in US. It's a great resource for those looking, as people there list not only puppies but also adults they are placing for various reasons. Good luck! Hope to meet you at an event someday; we're in PA (and if you don't do Facebook, that's the other thing to try - go out to events like shows, race meets, and lure coursing to meet and talk to people and maybe you will find someone who is looking to place a dog).

Lois
PAWhippets
WW Supporter

Whippet Archives Link: 5649

Return to Whippet World Message Board