Whippet Howling

All whippet fanciers welcome here! Join us and meet whippet lovers from around the world.

Whippet Howling

Postby stf » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:52 pm

So, when we first brought Bunny home, she was very quiet. I knew Whippets tended to be so, but there was no barking, until the morning she spotted several deer out the bay window munching on food in our yard, and our neighbor's yard across the street.

So yesterday, I'm working from home, and Bunny sound asleep in her dog bed, and all of a sudden I hear her begin to howl. Exactly like this video (at the 35sec mark):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJC5J2TdNNQ

And when writing this post, when Bunny heard the howling from the video, she chimed in again.

Do we know if it means something in particular?
stf
WW Member

Whippet Archives Link: 0

Re: Whippet Howling

Postby GibsonOwner » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:42 pm

My last whippet Leo did that a few times over the last couple years. He always slept in a chair next to my desk. Completely asleep he would round his mouth and raise his head with chin high and eyes open start the howl getting louder. Then like he woke himself up he would stop. He had a look like he was embarrassed then. The first time it had me shook up it was a cry or something wrong. It was rare but funny after that. What was that dream about?
No I don't know what it means.

I clicked on your link and my dog Gibson stated singing with the video. After the 3 or 4th time he gave up. That was a laugh this morning.
GibsonOwner
WW Member

Whippet Archives Link: 0

Return to Whippet World Message Board