Welcome to Whippet World! Introduce yourself!

All whippet fanciers welcome here! Join us and meet whippet lovers from around the world.

Welcome to Whippet World! Introduce yourself!

Postby AerynnScarlett » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:04 pm

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the new Whippet World board. Here is a thread where you can roll out your new screen name and post pictures and experiment!

We are glad to have you! :banana-linedance: :banana-dreads: :banana-blonde: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncycyan: :happy-wavemulticolor: :text-welcomewave:

If you are having trouble with any feature of the board please don't hesitate to ask any questions. Also please note that we have some very thorough HELP and FAQ areas which can also be of assistance.

There are some general board use FAQ's to the top right below the banner. We have more Whippet World and Board specific FAQ's and tutorials in our HELP area in the banner on the bottom right.

Here are some quick links to take you to the current tutorials and FAQ's:

HELP

FAQ

also the Whippet World Information & Assistance section of our 'Whippet FAQ and WW Archive' area found HERE

We hope you enjoy the board
AerynnScarlett
WW Manager

Whippet Archives Link: 5145

Re: Welcome to the New Whippet World! Introduce yourself!

Postby AerynnScarlett » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:54 pm

WW ID: AerynnScarlett
Management Team Since: 2nd November 2005

Hello! My name is Erin. I am a married law student in Virginia. I grew up with dogs, cats, rabbits, and other pets, but I have only been involved with whippets since 2004. My husband Patrick had his heart set on adopting a whippet puppy after growing up with a whippet, so after doing lots of research we found Scarlett in a litter announcement right here on Whippet World and I fell completely in love from the first moment. Soon after, we added Rose to our little pack. Rose was a shy 2 year-old who was turned into rescue before her breeder got her back and allowed us to adopt her. We are active in lure coursing and I hope to resume our obedience training soon.

Our first whippet, four year old Scarlett:

And our second whippet, five year old Rose:

AerynnScarlett
WW Manager

Whippet Archives Link: 5145

Postby patrickpkt » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:18 pm

I'm Erin's husband, Patrick. My main whippet-related interest is photography and I've taken many thousands of lure coursing pictures. A bunch are online at http://patrickmcneill.com/. Here's my favorite:

Patrick, Scarlett, and Rose (pictured)
http://patrickmcneill.com
patrickpkt
WW Member

Whippet Archives Link: 0

Postby chelynnah » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:46 pm

WW ID: chelynnah
Management Team Since: 20th June 2003

Hi, I'm Wendy. I am a transplanted Canadian (grew up in Southern Ontario) now living in Dorset, England. I've been in the UK since 1995 (spent the first 6 years in Scotland) when I married a wonderful guy, Nick, from Liverpool. At the moment I am a stay at home doggie mom to our four girls, Chelsea (a whippet/terrier mix) who got us into whippets, Savannah (our first whippet), Teya (who is out of Savannah's sister) and Drama (Teya's daughter from our first litter). We show Savvy, Teya and Drama under the afix (aka kennel name) of Chelynnah which is a combination of 'Chel' from Chelsea, 'elyn' from Telyn - Teya's full name, and 'nnah' from Savannah. We also do non-competetive agility with them when we can. You can find our more about us on our personal web page http://www.chelynnah.co.uk.

Here's a pic of all our girlies
Nikon2008_0323(063).JPG
Wendy J (Chelynnah Whippets)
Chelynnah Chat Blog; Tuggitz! Dog Toyz
Click our signature banner below to visit the Chelynnah website

chelynnah
WW Manager

Whippet Archives Link: 7231

Postby kentruth » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:59 pm

WW ID: Kentruth
Management Team: 09-07-2007

I'm Lesley, I'm chief cook and bottle-washer around my home that I share with my husband, Howard of 27 years. I was born in Glasgow Scotland and moved to the Eastern Townships of Quebec just before my sixth birthday where I grew up in a household with dogs, cats, birds and fish, and was always bugging my parents for just one more. Currently I have 4 whippets;

Along with the whippets we share the household with Himalayian Sealpoint cat named Martin plus a frequent house-quest tuxedo-cat named Puddins, 4 parrots, and a koi pond. I show my dogs and also let them enjoy themselves lure-coursing. Hopefully in 2009 we will hear the pitter-patter of tiny little paws as we have planned a litter.
kentruth
WW Manager

Postby lassiemel » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:40 am

Hi! I'm Melissa. I'm an architect, pharmacy student, and soon-to-be mom. I live in Georgia with my hubbie and two wonderful whippets, Piper and Jack.

I don't post as much as I used to, but I still read and share along in everyone's stories. I can't wait to see how everyone feels about the new board. :)

Cheers,
Mel
lassiemel
WW Manager

Postby Kirislin » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:33 pm

Hi I am Linda and I live in Victoria, Australia with my 5 whippets Penny, her two sons Tag and Puck and Kibah and her daughter Feather.
Looking forward to seeing how the new board operates. It's looking great so far.
Kirislin
WW Supporter

Postby DueWestWhippets » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:59 pm

I'm Anne, I live in Washington state with my 3.5 whippets. The .5 lives with her breeder. At home I have Melba, who is in my signature, my white wonder. Bella is my little brindle wild child. Twix is my BIG fawn brindle boy. .5 is Audre who is my lovely fawn brindle and white youngster. I also have a token Jack Russell named Buster who is 14, blind and a smidge chunky. LOL!
Attachments
AudreCuteFace1.jpg
Audre being cute at 6 months old.
TwixManPose.jpg
This is Twix, being a man.
BellaPinkPiggy1.JPG
Bella out in the yard with her piggy.
Buster.JPG
Buster nice and close so you get all the wirey haired goodness.
Image Anne and the Due West Whippets
http://melbiesmusings.blogspot.com/ See what Melba and the Due West Crew are up to!
DueWestWhippets
WW Member

Postby chelynnah » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:03 pm

Awwww look at that little fuzzball!!!

Wendy
Wendy J (Chelynnah Whippets)
Chelynnah Chat Blog; Tuggitz! Dog Toyz
Click our signature banner below to visit the Chelynnah website

chelynnah
WW Manager

Whippet Archives Link: 7231

Postby IHeartWhippets » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:08 pm

My name is Patty. I live in Michigan and I am married to Bob.
I have 2 whippets. Kasey "Jaama's Canes Venatici", and MacGyver "Can. CH. Devonair's MacGyver Remus". I have been a member off and on here for 3 years. I love this format.. :handgestures-thumbup:
Patty
IHeartWhippets
WW Member

Postby IHeartWhippets » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:32 pm

Forgot to upload a pic of the boys.
Here is a snow pic from last year.

And some individual shots.
Kasey.

MacGyver.
IHeartWhippets
WW Member

Postby BrigitteGreen » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:13 am

WW ID: BrigitteGreen
Management Team Since: 19th March 2004

Greetings! I'm Brigitte and I live in Maryland, just outside of Washington, D.C., where I work as a journalist on the U.S. political beat. My passion is Whippets, and I do rescue work, show a little, lure course a little, race a little and do obedience and agility. Bambi was my first, coming into my life in the spring of 2000. She is a Delta Pet Therapy partner and together, we're involved in a READ program. Rudolph joined us in 2001 as a companion to Bambi, and he excels at lure coursing, agility and food thievery. My population doubled in 2005 with the addition of Summer, a showgirl who finished her championship in record time, and Daisy, a tiny rescue who stole my heart while I wasn't looking. For information on how you, too, can adopt a heart-stealing Rescue, please visit http://www.whippet-rescue.com. Summer was bred in 2008, and Pony is the daughter I kept from that breeding. For more information about my crew and what we're up to these days, please visit us at http://www.GreenwoodWhippets.com.

I think the holiday photos are the only ones I have so far of my whole crew together. It's hard to get all five in position for a single photo.

BrigitteGreen
WW Manager

Postby Francarrich » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:46 am

Hi, :greetings-waveyellow:
My name is Carol & I live in Dorset, England :flags-wavegreatbritain: with my blue whippet named Banjo (Bluegrass Banjoman) & a Japanese Chin named Aida (Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida).
Banjo is my 4th whippet & the maddest of them all. Within six months of getting him he managed to knock me over & sprain my ankle & later break my nose. Luckily I still love him to bits!
Aida came to me a couple of years ago to keep Banjo company. She had retired from the Show ring & now enjoys long walks in the forest.
I am sure the new Board will be enjoyed by all who join it.

Carol, Banjo & Aida.

BanjoImageCarolImageRIP AidaImage

Francarrich
WW Supporter

Postby MarciaInNM » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:25 am

Hi, I'm Marcia, I originally joined Whippet World in September of 2003. I live in southern New Mexico in the USA with my three whippets and some desert box turtles. The dogs and I enjoy agility and showing in conformation.

Tessa, 5 years old (with a few of the box turtles):
and Tessa's two pups, who will be a year old at the end of the month.

Captain

and Breezy
Marcia
Breezy, Captain, Sonny & Rainy
MarciaInNM
WW Manager

Whippet Archives Link: 5448

Postby QuiXand » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:32 am

Hi,

I am Susan and I live on three acres in Southwestern Washington with about a dozen whippets, three toy poodles (two of them rescues) and one paranoid cat! Oh, and a teenage daughter and my long-suffering husband. ;)

I am involved primarily in performance with my dogs (the whippets -- not the poos!), oval and sprint racing and the occasional lure course. I love watching my guys run, and racing gives me the opportunity to be competitive and athletic-by-proxy, as well as keeping my pets fit and happy.

I haven't designed a signature or uploaded an avatar yet...I'll do that very soon!
QuiXand
WW Member

Postby Wendy » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:18 am

I'm Wendy, was GreyFind on the MSN group, and I'm a recent transplant to Jacksonville, FL with my husband, 2 dogs (whippet & greyhound), ocicat, tortoise, and various other creatures. I work in online community management and do web site design and programming in my spare time. I've been part of the Whippet World management team since Sept 07 and am very excited about this move. It's given me a chance to flex my programming muscles quite a bit and I've enjoyed the challenges of getting it up and running.

Nemo participating in his favorite activity

Zoey and Nemo looking for stinky stuff to roll in

Raven, probably planning something devious
Wendy
WW Manager

Whippet Archives Link: 20088

Postby Surfwhippies » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:57 pm

Hi, I'm Terry (or tk has my students call me.) I live in Durham, NC, grew up in MN (yes, I do fit the Minnesota farm girl image!). I run a program at Duke University and I do bleed Duke Blue.
I live with 3 whippets, Winston, Hailey and Grace. I will be heading to Indiana to pick up two
wiggies (from Claudines ooppps litter). Sterling will be joining our house and Heff will be going to Marysue in Wilmington, NC.
My whippies love to play at the beach and sit on the deck and watch everything. I would love to try lure coursing so I will be asking more questions about that.
Here are some pics of my guys-

Thanks for looking.
Terry
Attachments
DSCN0030.JPG
Grace who will be 6 in Oct.
DSCN0021.JPG
Hailey will be 10 in Oct.
DSCN0018.JPG
Winston is our old one he will be 12 in April.
Surfwhippies
WW Member

Postby Wendy » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:09 pm

Bumping this up because it's more fun than all the technical stuff :animals-bunnywhite:
Wendy
WW Manager

Whippet Archives Link: 20088

Next

Return to Whippet World Message Board