Welcome to Whippet World! Introduce yourself!

All whippet fanciers welcome here! Join us and meet whippet lovers from around the world.

Re: Welcome to the New Whippet World! Introduce yourself!

Postby tracie328 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:36 pm

Hi, My name is Tracie and I am the proud owner of the Greatest Whippet in the World! At least my greatest! Her name is Evey and she came from Raybar Whippets. I have wanted a whippet for almost a year and finally got her last September. I will try to upload a picture.

I also have Border Collies that I show in the breed ring, do rally and herding with. My daughter has Chihuahuas that we show too.

Right now Evey is my best bud and goes everywhere with me and she does lure coursing as time permits. It is not a priority as I am so afraid she is going to get hurt but she loves it so much that I want to let her do it.........I'm sure everyone knows what I mean. But I would just die if anything happened to my Evey girl!

Anyway, here is a picture of her when she was a puppy with her breeder(hopefully!)
Evey_puppy.jpg

Tracie

tracie328
WW Member

Whippet Archives Link: 0

Postby chelynnah » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:40 pm

oh Tracie, she's gorgeous. I LOVE her colouring!

And YAY you were able to post a pic!

Wendy
Wendy J (Chelynnah Whippets)
Chelynnah Chat Blog; Tuggitz! Dog Toyz
Click our signature banner below to visit the Chelynnah website

chelynnah
WW Manager

Whippet Archives Link: 7231

Postby skeezix123 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:50 pm

Here I am again!!

It's been soo cold with 8 inches of snow.

Buster stayin' warm
skeezix123
WW Member

Postby Serendipity » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:14 pm

Funny that the new board is on phpBB... I was actually playing around with a test install the other day just for fun (so sue me, I'm a geek) and was thinking it would be perfect for WW. :)

I hate intros and am usually the party pooper but it seems like a good opportunity to test out the features of the new board, so here goes...

I am located about 40 miles NE of Seattle, currently buried under a foot of snow and stuck at home with the whippets for almost a week! I have been active in the breed for 10 years (15 years in sighthounds, as I had greyhounds previously), and participate in a variety of events, including conformation, obedience, lure coursing and racing. I consider myself a performance person who does show occasionally, almost exclusively at specialties. I have bred two litters and am planning a third for next year. I'm a member of the Western Washington Whippet Club, the American Whippet Club, and the National Whippet Club of Canada. I'm also a provisional ASFA lure coursing judge, have gotten a regular license for a few breeds and should finish up the requirements for my all-breed license in 2009.

I currently have seven whippets, ranging in age from 15 months to 11 years. Here is a poor photo I took with the cell phone a few weeks of everyone in their new Cottage Hounds jammies (thanks Christel!). Not that it is such a great picture (it most assuredly is not!) it is just the only one I have of all of them in the same shot. :P

jammies.jpg
Serendipity Whippets, December 2008

From left to right:
Wren: My first whippet and foundation bitch, CanCH Priory HH Silver Lining, CD, FCH, OTRM, CGC, AV (11 yrs)
Tiercel: Wren's son from her 2nd litter, Serendipity Nighthawk, FCH, SR, OTRM, TRPX, CGC (3 yrs)
Branwen: Shamasan Caerbannog, my youngest (15 mos)
Lark: Tiercel's sister, Serendipity Skylark, SR, OTR, TRP, DPC (3 yrs)
Ringer: CanCH HH Serendipity Eight Bells, FCH, SR, OTRM-2, TRP, DPC, CGC (7 yrs)
Kestrel: Wren's daughter from her first litter, Serendipity Sparrowhawk, CGC (5 yrs)
And in the back, Nori: HH To The Lighthouse, FCH, OTR (8 yrs)

I think the new WW will be such a vast improvement on the old one. No fancy sig yet, maybe sometime soon but for now the plain one will have to do.
Beth Levine & the Serendipity Whippets
http://www.serendipitywhippets.com
Serendipity
WW Member

Whippet Archives Link: 6803

Postby BamaGreyWhippets » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:21 pm

Hello All -

I have been a member on Whippet World since July of 2003, when I first decided to get a whippet. My ID on the original WW was Shari-in-AL. I decided to change my ID for the new board, so I am now BamaGreyWhippets.

I live in northern Alabama, just outside of Huntsville,with my husband, Lou and three sons: Alan (21), Justin (18) and Alex (14).

We adopted our first dog, Zoe, a retired racing greyhound, in September of 2003, while on a waiting list for a whippet puppy. She is now 9 1/2 years old, and is a real sweetheart. She is very laid back, and absolutely lives for her daily walk.

Derby was born in November of 2003, and we brought him home when he was 10 weeks old. He is a big boy, weighing in at 45-50 pounds, and well above the standard in height. But he is the most lovable dog, and thinks he is a lapdog.

We decided that Derby needed another whippet, so in June of 2005, we had an opportunity to get Derby's sister (although from another litter), Cafe'. She was 5 months old when she came to live with us. Cafe' and Derby are inseparable. They frequently can be found snuggling together (especially in the cooler weather).

I have been working as lunchroom cashier in a local elementary school since August 2006; prior to that I was a stay-at-home mom.
Attachments
DSCF0181_edited.JPG
Shari, Derby & Cafe'
BamaGreyWhippets
WW Member

Postby BamaGreyWhippets » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:33 pm

Here is a picture of Derby & Cafe'...
DSCF0006.JPG
Shari, Derby & Cafe'
BamaGreyWhippets
WW Member

Postby ClarityWhippets » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:08 pm

Hi - I'm Cathy (formerly ottercatgirl) and I live south of Indianapolis, Indiana with my ever-tolerant husband, teenage daughter and four whippets. The dogs participate in straight and oval racing and occasionally in lure coursing. I'm looking forward to the new and improved WW!!
ClarityWhippets
WW Member

Whippet Archives Link: 23354

Postby chelynnah » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:09 pm

BamaGreyWhippets wrote:We decided that Derby needed another whippet, so in June of 2005, we had an opportunity to get Derby's sister (although from another litter), Cafe'. She was 5 months old when she came to live with us.

OMGosh - no WAYYYYY!! Cafe cannot be 4 already. I remember her coming home as a baby!

Wendy

chelynnah
WW Manager

Postby Gracedog01 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:44 pm

Hi all~ I've been a member of WW since bringing home my first Whippet, Super Syd, in September of 03. We have since added 3 more Whippets to our family and one BIG whippet, Harper the Doberman (don't tell him he's not a whippet ;). We currently reside in Mid-Michigan which is a winter wonderland right now...we've gotten 16" of snow since Friday and it's snowing to beat all heck right now.

Anywho, we are active in oval and straight racing and a bit of lure coursing and a tiny bit of showing.

And let me introduce The Boys:

"Syd" Wildabout SaeSi Mr. Syd Barrett FCh, OTRM, SR, CR (also AKC conf. pointed)

"Mason" Wildaire Mr. Nick Mason OTR, CR (ASFA FCh pointed)

"Atom" Lynallan Brushwood Revelry (my sweet little couch ornament)

"Ezrin" Wildabout Windwalker Amaze OTR, CR (ORC pointed)

"Harper" Bolero Moondance V Deerfield (the BIG Whippet disguised as a Doberman ;)

Hope everyone enjoys the new board!
Gracedog01
WW Member

Whippet Archives Link: 5218

Postby co2tww » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:00 am

Hi my name is Carol and I am probably one of the longest lurkers on the board :) (smilies aren't working on the left hand side). I was brought up in Edinburgh, Scotland and came over to Ontario, Canada at the age of 12 (kicking and screaming I might add because we had to leave our/my dog behind with family). I have been lurking for at least 6 years. I presently have 3 dogs, a vizsla and 2 whippets and have been involved in flyball, therapy work and lure coursing and dabbled in obedience and agility with my dogs over the years at some time or another. If I was independently wealthy and could stay home I probably would have a few more whippets :) and always a vizsla.

Here are a few pics of my dogs:

My old guy:

Can't load pics of my dogs :confusion-scratchheadblue:

Admin: Smilies work in preview mode but weren't showing up in initial reply mode.
co2tww
WW Member

Postby chelynnah » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:28 am

co2tww wrote:Admin: Smilies work in preview mode but weren't showing up in initial reply mode.

Hi Carol

Smilies aren't available if you use the 'quick reply' box at the bottom - that saves time in loading. If you want smilies in your reply window you need to click on the 'post reply' button at the top or bottom of the thread, or do what you did which is hit 'preview' before sending.

co2tww wrote:Here are a few pics of my dogs:

My old guy:

Can't load pics of my dogs

Ooh, and can you tell us what problems you ran into trying to load pics of you dogs, so we can figure out if it's user error, board error, or manager tutorial breakdown error ;)

Wendy

chelynnah
WW Manager

Postby co2tww » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:37 am

Aaaarrrggh, now I know why I lurk :crying-green:

I just spent the better part of 1.5 hours on this post :doh: (I was editing it) and managed to add a couple of pics with comments and was uploading the last pic and lost my reply together with my pics :confusion-shrug:

My initial problem uploading the pic, I browsed/selected the pic and selected Add the file and it was processing and it disappeared (timed-out??).

I tried a couple of other pics and was able to upload and Add Inline no problem. I edited some of my comments and hit Preview and it timed out and couldn't get back to my reply in edit mode that I was working on.
co2tww
WW Member

Postby chelynnah » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:45 am

Hmmmm not sure what's happening there. I wonder if it's your internet connection with the uploading issue? I'm surprised about it timing out though. I've lost a couple of posts by hitting 'back' by accident (and kicking myself for ages aferwards - like you posts I had worked hard on).

Keep trying and try not to get frustrated. Practice makes perfect.

Gosh that sounded patronising, but please know it wasn't intended that way. We know it's going to take people a while to feel at ease with the new board.

Please don't go back to lurking - we want to hear from you :D

Wendy

chelynnah
WW Manager

Postby co2tww » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:51 am

Journey my 4 year old whippet princess (on the right) and RV (Vee) my 2 year old whippet on left:

May 7 2007167E.jpg

Trying my old guy again, must be the pic I was originally trying to upload because this is a different one and it worked:

Ford - Norwood 2007.JPG
co2tww
WW Member

Postby CapaWhippets » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:09 am

My name is Lisa Duffy and my husband Ryan and I live in MA with our two Whippets and IG. I have been training and showing in competition obedience and conformation since I was 13 years old and am also active in agility, rally, disc dog, lure coursing, and racing.

Our girls:

Capercaillie (photo by Laura Kieffer)

Chai (photo by Steve Surfman)

& Sophie the IG

Lisa Duffy & Chai
CapaWhippets
WW Member

Whippet Archives Link: 32936

Postby Serendipity » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:28 am

Serendipity wrote:Ringer: CanCH HH Serendipity Eight Bells, FCH, SR, OTRM-2, TRP, DPC, CGC (7 yrs)

Ringer insists that I post a correction to this egregious error in my introduction. He says he recently finished his LCM and his mother is an insensitive boob for forgetting to include that title for which he worked his little hiney off! :o

OK, OK... Ringer is actually CanCH HH Serendipity Eight Bells, LCM, SR, OTRM-2, TRP, DPC, CGC.

:oops:
Beth Levine & the Serendipity Whippets
http://www.serendipitywhippets.com
Serendipity
WW Member

Whippet Archives Link: 6803

Postby chelynnah » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:42 am

Carol - I'm glad you tried again. Beautiful photos, and your old guy is GORGEOUS!! The photo you sent me was the problem - it was too large (3.2mb - the maximum the board will resize is 3mb, but even at that it takes a while). Please do upload the smaller version I sent back because its stunning!

Wendy

chelynnah
WW Manager

Postby lanakenwhp » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:22 am

Hi I'm Karen and I'm trying to add a photo - let's see if it works!
Attachments
Merry Christmas.jpg
lanakenwhp
WW Member

Whippet Archives Link: 10337

PreviousNext

Return to Whippet World Message Board