Welcome to Whippet World! Introduce yourself!

All whippet fanciers welcome here! Join us and meet whippet lovers from around the world.

Re: Welcome to the New Whippet World! Introduce yourself!

Postby bowmanmealey » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:48 am

I go by Bheki(Rebecca). I live in Virginia with my husband Matt. I have one son from earlier marriage. Robin is 25. He arrives tonight for Xmas visit. And possible job transfer out here. We have five whippets,Daphne mother of Ace,Elsa and Tailor. And Cabela. Four house cats Kodi and Dillon boths chausies.Tristan a siberian,and Jet my old oriental SH. I also have two horses i am raising. Aslan i brought back with me from Ca. He is almost two now. He is a Friesian-Haflinger cross . And now a pasture mate i just got Chevelle. She is Haflinger-Morgan cross.She is just seven months old.I show and lure course my whippets.But most of all they are my kids/family. Spoiled beyond anyones belief.
Attachments
DSCF0023.JPG
Chevelle
Aslanside.JPG
Aslan
bowmanmealey
WW Member

Whippet Archives Link: 0

Postby lassiemel » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:47 pm

Oooh...your horses are lovely Bheki!

Mel
lassiemel
WW Manager

Postby nyumom » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:04 pm

Hi everyone !
Congrats and thank you to all that have worked on the new board. Looking forward to the New Year and new posts.
My name is Sharron and I am in Jacksonville Fl. I serve 2 whippets, Phoebe my brindle and Bliss my Beautiful all white. They are both 4 and wonderful fur kids.
Happy Holidays one and all.
Sharron, Phoebe & Bliss
nyumom
WW Member

Postby Wendy » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:22 pm

Wow, the last pictures I saw of Aslan were of a tiny fuzzy colt. I can't believe how big, and beautiful he's grown!
Wendy
WW Manager

Whippet Archives Link: 20088

Postby BrigitteGreen » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:08 pm

Karen,

Who is this dog? I can't get over how much she/he looks like my Bambi. The resemblance is so striking!!!
BrigitteGreen
WW Manager

Postby BrigitteGreen » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:09 pm

This is my Bambi. She used to have more black on her face. She's aged, but really, when she had more black, she looked just like your dog.

BrigitteGreen
WW Manager

Postby Romeos Mom » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:00 pm

hello, my name is Joan, i was jthiel on the MSN board and before that i was Thielwhippets911. i had tried many times to change my username with no success. so i'm finally Romeos Mom!! :banana-dance:
my hubby and i live in PA with a crew of 4 whippets and a parrot who rules the roost.
i had several dogs and 3 basenjis for a total of 6 when i went to a dog show and came home with my first whippet.
that was Sunshine and she showed me the ways of whippets, i never looked back. she was my heartdog, my soulmate and best buddy.
when she died in my arms of heart disease at the age of 8yrs i was devasted.
2 weeks later a 9mo old whippet girl came into rescue and home with me.
i could smile again.
Lexi was full of life and needed a playmate so i got Luke for her.
turns out Luke would soon be blind so i was given Ripley in compensation for lukes' disability.
Luke is worth his weight in gold to me, he is the dearest sweetest most loving littleguy you could ever want. he is the ultimate lap dog, forever content to just be with you. he is my white shadow, following my every move.
Ripley is my juvenile delinquent. he is a bit of a bully, plays rough, thinks outside the box and is a suck-up for pets. he will stand forever to just have his face petted. he is my only frog-dog and has drop dead gorgeous eyes.
i thought i was done. having gone through the puppy stage with ripley was a killer and i said never again!
never say never.
Romeo was part of a litter who needed homes. the father was not known so i did my best helping to place them for a friend. i sure didn't want another pup but i finally succumbed to those baby blues and he joined the family.
he was worse than ripley ever was!! but he worked his way into my very heart and soul like no other. he found that spot that sunshine once occupied and became my heartdog :romance-inlove:
i was complete again. i am so glad i broke down and gave in to "just one more whippet" even though i did not want another. look what i would have missed.
DNA testing proved that Romeo was sired by Lukes brother who also is going blind but so far all the pups are ok.
Glad to be here, love the new board!!
here is the crew on one of our camping trips.....Lexi, Romeo, and Ripley

one of my favorite photos of when i brought baby Romeo home and he sought sanctuary under the table.....

romeo and the parrot

and the whole crew camping
Romeos Mom
WW Member

Postby StarSpangledAndale » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:50 am

Hi... I'm Karen and I have four whippets. Cassie (11), Star (7), Zumi (5), and Mariah (2). All bitches. We pretty much just race now, but we have competed in obedience, rally, agility, and lure coursing. We have also been out west free coursing a few times, and hope to back again in 2009.

I also spend a lot of time photographing my girls (I love digital!), and you can see some of those pics on my webpage (http://www.andalewhippets.com/).
StarSpangledAndale
WW Member

Postby vestasmom » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:59 pm

I'm Marina and am completely controlled by our one and only Whippet, Vesta. My husband, Tim, and I live in Gallatin TN (near Nashville) along with one Doberman, one Rhodesian Ridgeback, two IGs, and one Corgi puppy. OH...and three kitties.

As soon as I figure out how to resize and post pics I will...so for now my post will be very boring!!
vestasmom
WW Member

Postby silverdog71 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:00 pm

Happy Holidays everyone!

I'm Terri (formerly silverdog711 on the old board) and I live with my partner Alena (of 7 years) in the panhandle of WV with..... (deep breath)....
10 horses, an assortment of barn cats, a rescued aussie, a standard poodle, and two whippets (with plans for an additional one in the near future).

~Terri
silverdog71
WW Member

Whippet Archives Link: 3883

Postby kentruth » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:28 pm

vestasmom wrote:As soon as I figure out how to resize and post pics I will...so for now my post will be very boring!!

Marina the new and improved WW does the resizing for you just go to your computer or online picture storage and attach a picture, all my best to you, Tim and the Vesta horde
kentruth
WW Manager

Postby ZoeyWhippet » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:31 pm

Hi, I'm Diane and I live in NE Pennsylvania and my kennel name is Eclipse. I have a soon to be 8 year old son named Tyler.

My whippets at the current time are:
littermates Lilo & Felix - 6 years old
littermates Haley & Collin - 6 years old
Sorrie - 5 years old
Paige - 3-1/2 years old
Jaycie - 3 years old
The Almighty Vanna - 2 years old
Rio - 1 year old
Puppies Aurora & Shayla & Reno - 5 months old
Puppies Rayne & Boulder - 5 months old

Other pets include:
Orphie - the 13 year old Boxer/Shepherd mix
Paco - the 2 year old mix ???
and Henry the stray cat that has taken up residence in the dog kennel. He's smart enough to stay away from the dog runs.

I am most active in showing and do usually breed one or two litters a year. My son and my dogs are the lights of my life, and I don't know where I'd be without either of them.

I'm getting used to the new board and without a photo hosting site online, I can't upload any pics right now.
ZoeyWhippet
WW Member

Postby WildAbout_Whippets » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:24 am

My name is Annie and I have been a part of Whippet World for several years... I'm pretty sure one of the original members! I have five wonderful whippets that grace my home: Genie (the old gal), Scotch (the neurotic blonde), Vegas (Queen of everything), Zeppelin (The Master of Destruction) and Zinfy (Just about perfect). I try to stay active with the dogs but they are now sharing time with my five month old son, Liam. When time allows, I enjoy racing far more than any other activity (even though my dogs aren't that fast!). There is just something about the support from the race community that makes the sport so much fun. I also dabble in showing and lure coursing. You can read more about my crew here:

http://www.wildaboutwhippets.com/

Annie20.jpg
Genie (Fortune Time in a Bottle)

PC190035.JPG
Scotch (Do It Quicker with Liquor)

March 2008 Zep 2.jpg
Zeppelin (WildAbout SaeSi Petty Gossip SC, CRXIII, OTRM, SR)

cold feb 9.jpg
Zinfy (WildAbout Spirit of Windwalker CRXII, OTRMII, SR)

CH Missy Vegas 2.jpg
Vegas (Ch Do It Wild And Get Lucky FCh, SC, CRX, OTRM, SR)
WildAbout_Whippets
WW Member

Whippet Archives Link: 3604

Postby WhippetLuvs » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:41 am

Hi , I am Elayne and actually have been with WW since the beginning. I don't post ofter but I do read the posts. Years ago, I used to race my Whips, but my age has caught up with me and I don't have the energy for it. My two Whips are both rescues , Merlin and Kaley are around 9 or ten years old, don't know for sure. I have had Whippets for at least 30 years. I am a retired NICU nurse, have two children, adults, and two grandsons, one is in the US Army and will be deployed to Afghanistan in February.

I am glad to be here will try to post more often than I have. I just have to figure out how to post pictures and an avatar.

Elayne
WhippetLuvs
WW Member

Postby AlliePixieBug » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:26 am

I am Allie and I currently live in Northern Virginia with 2 awesome girl whippets - Pixie and Bug.

I think I joined WW in 2006 and my original name was AllieFire2 - Fire was my first whippet, my first dog actually, and my heartdog.

I am really a New Yorker but now I live in VA. I am working on a dissertation in depth psychology - focusing on the psychological aspects of the human/dog relationship. I plan to buy a house this spring so my girls can finally have a yard.

Racing is my primary activity. Pixie is 5 and due to a recent muscle injury will most likely only do straight racing from now on. Bug is a year and a half old and should be tearing up the track next year. Bug is the great granddaughter of my first whippet, Fire.

I got Pixie when she was 2 and she is the most well-adjusted, un-phaseable, grounded whippet I know (no thanks to me). I raised Bug from puppyhood and she is a spoiled, sweet, devilish, cuddly, happy, funny girl - who has her own blog http://www.beingladybug.blogspot.com

I make knitted sweaters for whippets (and now many other breeds) and have a site http://www.whipknits.com
Attachments
IMG_5574.JPG
here is Bug being a helpful whipknits model
IMG_6136.JPG
Pixie and Bug are best buddies
061007.4664.jpg
I love this photo of Pixie
FireTurning2.jpg
This is Fire - the reason I will never live a life without whippets in it
AlliePixieBug
WW Member

Whippet Archives Link: 2328

Postby silverdog71 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:34 am

ZoeyWhippet wrote:Hi, I'm Diane and I live in NE Pennsylvania and my kennel name is Eclipse. I have a soon to be 8 year old son named Tyler.

Diane, what part of NE PA are you in? I am a transplant from the Scranton/Wilkes-barre area.
silverdog71
WW Member

Whippet Archives Link: 3883

Postby johnheffernan » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:43 pm

Just checking in. The board looks good so far and more Macintosh friendly...

Thanks for getting it set up for us.
C-ATCH Wyatt of Dodge CityAVCDRAESCNANAJEACEJC-OOCCO-TN-ETG-OWV-OHP-NCGC
C-ATCH Ch Seaspells Concord Point CAV CD SC OA OAJ RA CRX OTR OAC EJS OCC TG-N TN-O WV-N HP-N CGC “Patriot”
johnheffernan
WW Member

Postby SKabbygirl » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:12 am

Hi, I'm Lisa & I live in Saskatoon, SK, Canada with my crew of 3...Abby (mixed rescue - 7&1/2 y.o.), & my 2 male whippets, Johnny (6 y.o) & Jazz (2 y.o.) I kept my original WW name of SKabbygirl (mostly because I can't think of another one!).

We like to keep busy with flyball, agility, rally O & lure coursing.

The new board looks great!!

jazz3.jpg
Jazz

johnny (2).jpg
Johnny

abby-head.jpg
Abby
SKabbygirl
WW Member

PreviousNext

Return to Whippet World Message Board