Welcome to Whippet World! Introduce yourself!

All whippet fanciers welcome here! Join us and meet whippet lovers from around the world.

Re: Welcome to the New Whippet World! Introduce yourself!

Postby whippethound » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:45 pm

Hi all, you may know me from the other board,or boards..as SteveDiana2..since the board changed I made a name change to whippethound..Diana & I live by Annapolis Maryland, have 3 whippets..a large brindle & white boy Levi, An Irish marked black & white Travis, a brindle little princess Faye-Faye, and a terrier Dobby our house elf, along with 2 cats, a bird, and a bunny..we are active in racing, CWA, WRA, & Notra..Also involved in a local whippet playdateclub in the Washington D.C. Metro area..Ride a Harley and work as a service tech, Diana works for John Hopkins..glad to be here..
Attachments
the pack-2.jpg
whippethound
WW Member

Whippet Archives Link: 0

Postby knitwit » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:59 pm

Hello,

I live in Western PA and have been a lurker on the old board for quite some time. I figured it was time to join the fun. I currently do not have any dogs, but have had whippets in the past. I enjoy the conformation, obedience, and agility venues the most.

I work in the I.T. field and when I am not working I enjoy knitting, reading, painting, and surfing the Internet. I am also an avid sports fan and am a huge fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Penn State Nittany Lions, UNC Tar Heels basketball, and NASCAR.

I saw someone mention Rising Sun, MD. The company I work for has an office there. Such a small world!
Last edited by knitwit on Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knitwit
WW Member

Postby Runamok » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:01 pm

Hi all and Happy New Year! I'm Linda Zaworski and my husband and I have been breeding under the prefix Runamok since the early 80's. We actually met on a coursing field and have each owned whippets since 1977. I'm a conformation judge (4 breeds, including whippets) and Frank is a lure coursing judge. I started in Great Danes in the 60's and had them for over 30 years. Then I got my first whippet and never looked back. Over the years we have also owned greyhounds and PBGV's. We still have a PBGV (Lola) who shares the house with Ch. Alcyon Runamok Nautilis (Nemo - age 11), Nemo's son and daughters: Ch. Runamok Bel Canto (Folly), Ch. Runamok Belle of the Ball, F. Ch. (Clara), Runamok Bells Are Ringing (Gilbert), Wildfire's Desert Rose, F. Ch. (Leah) and Folly's kids: Runamok Blockbuster (Buster) and Runamok Blonde Ambition (Dazy).

Linda Z
Runamok
WW Supporter

Postby WierdWilson » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:16 pm

Hi, I'm Diane and I live in Northwest Wisconsin with my husband and daughter. There we are joined by my heart dog, Speedy (nickname Wierd Wilson), an old whippet that is about 20 yrs old. Hard to be sure as he is a rescue from the local humane society and you don't always get the full story from those dropping the dog off. We also share our house and lives with 4 Italian Greyhounds and 2 horses (1 Quarter/Thoroughbred and 1 Thoroughbred) and two yearling Holsteiner fillies we board. Needless to say, we live on a small farm and the dogs have about 1 fenced acre to run in when we're there to watch. I am a full time Recreation Grant Manager for the state and just enjoy our dogs and horses. I have been lurking in the background on the old Whippet World site for a number of years but now thought I'd step out and identify myself on the new sight. I have gained a lot of valuable information over the years and want to say "thank you" to all that contribute. Here's Speedy in his younger days chasing our first IG, Sparky. They are inseparable!
Attachments
running 008.jpg
WierdWilson
WW Member

Postby DFox » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:28 pm

Hi my user name is DFox and my real name is Deb. I am currently owned by Wally, my 3 year old split faceWhippet and Belle my 9 year old GH. I live 25 miles north of New York City and in addition to loving Whippets and GH's, I am a horse owner and lover. Wally and Belle are just pets, we do not show, course or race. I wish we could but there is nothing close enough and time is tight these days. I love this board and although I may not post much, I stop by several times a day to get my Whippet fix!!! Keep those great photos and updates coming! Happy and Healthy New Year to all. Love the new board so far, great job!!! :banana-dance:

Deb and Wally
DFox
WW Member

Postby kinleysmom » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:46 pm

Hello and Happy New Year to all!

I am Ellen from BC, Canada, and mom to 2 much loved rescue whippets, 2 1/2 year old Kinley and 11 year old Cisco. Kinley was my introduction to whippets a little more that a year and a half ago at 11 months when I fell in love with him during his transport into rescue. He took me completely by surprise... and the rest is history! I am now a hopelessly addicted whippet "servant". 11 year old sweet Cisco came to live with us just this past August, after being surrendered to my vet when she refused to put him down. Other than some lumps and bumps and a grade 3 heart murmur, he is a healthy senior and completes my little family of my 2 whippet boys, Finnia the cat and... me, if there's room on the sofa.

We have no known pedigrees to brag about, but Kinley does lure course, so far only locally and we absolutely love it. We are members of the Lower Mainland Whippet Association and enjoy helping out wherever needed with the CWA Racing for Fun crowd.

Having "lurked" this board (I mean the old one) for the past year, I have shared in many of your joys and sorrows, albeit from afar... I have laughed myself silly at some of the antics, pictures and stories... Mostly though, I have learned so much about this amazing breed and simply cannot imagine life without them...

Here are my precious boys, Cisco on the left and Kinley, my red brindle.
kinleysmom
WW Member

Postby SeeMy-Kennel1 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:07 pm

Hi I am Mary Ann I live in Indiana with my husband Sean and our 3 Whippets, Calvin, Hobbes, & Patch. And our Min Pins Sasha, Ruby, Tracey and her 12 week old puppies, Andy and Randy.
I enjoy showing in conformation and Lure Coursing.
Here is a photo of Calvin Lure Coursing last fall. He is the one in Pink.Image
Mary Ann
SeeMyKennel Miniature Pinschers & Whippets
http://SeeMyKennel.UltimateGTO.com
SeeMy-Kennel1
WW Member

Postby JuliaInNM » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:14 pm

Hi,

I'm JuliaInNM. My previous WW name was mifawn. We live in southern New Mexico, USA. I am originally from Minnesota, yes, a farm girl, too. We have lived in NM since 1973.
Our first dog was a borzoi. We got our first whippet in 1977. I have participated in conformation, lure coursing, agility, obedience, tracking, rally, school programs, freestyle...and ????
We currently have 4 whippets, an Ig and a greyhound.

Ethel (the greyhound -13 yrs old)
Ethel070308a 007.jpg

Split and Sieben (the "kids" - 8 years old)
Copy of dv01012009 003.jpg

Lili (13 years old)
2007_5- 27-4755_Lili.jpg
Photo by Marcia Whitney

Aztec (13 years old)
Home 040.jpg

Mia (10 years old - IG)
2007_5- 27-4735.jpg
Photo by Marcia Whitney
JuliaInNM
WW Member

Postby Sally Long » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:34 pm

Hi to all! I'm Sally Long, simply "Sally" on the old board, and have been a member for a few years, although I haven't been around very much in the past few months. Just when my youngest child went off to college and I thought things would slow down, I have been busier than ever - go figure. :?
I live in western-central Illinois, about 35 miles north of St. Louis, MO, with my wonderful husband, Bill. We are blessed with a grand total of eight children and six grandchildren, with #7 due to arrive in late April, but are down to only the two youngest sons living at home. Well, the very youngest isn't here much, since he's attending college in Ozark, MO. WW member Leah is our daughter-in-law, and we are very happy to have her in the family. :dance:
We are also blessed with six wonderful whippets: Dena-ballerina, 6; Dena's nephew and niece Starman and Mazie, 4; Dena's pups Solo, 2, and Duet, 17 mos., and Mazie's pup Mario, 8 mos. We enjoy showing, straight and oval racing, and some lure coursing. Racing is especially fun, because we don't have to dress up, and the dogs love it so much. Bill and I are interested in genetics, and we both love babies, so we enjoy breeding puppies occasionally. This is such a fabulous, versatile breed! We love our whippets, and want to be surrounded by them forever. :D
This new board looks interesting - I'm having fun trying to figure out all the bells and whistles!
Sally Long
WW Member

Whippet Archives Link: 7012

Postby EDayDesigns » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:42 pm

Hi everyone! it's me, Erin (Daydream Hounds). Hopefully I will be able to figure the new message board out, but I love a challenge :banana-dance: .

Below are two of my babies.

:occasion-balloons: Happy New Year,:occasion-partyangel:
Erin
Daydream Hounds
Attachments
100_4175.JPG
Lizzy in the snow last year. Her and her sister, Lucy, enjoyed the taste of snow.
100_4179.JPG
My baby boy, Angus
EDayDesigns
WW Member

Postby DivineWhippets » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:45 pm

Hi everyone, I'm Vicky, I used to be Darbysmom2 on the old board, now using DivineWhippets. I live in Westland, Michigan, which is a suburb of Detroit. I have 3 whippets, and a token mutt. Darby was my first whippet, she will be 7 in April. Shax is 4 1/2, and Luther, who is one of Darby's pups, is going to be 2 on the 15th. We do mostly racing, and flyball, and also dabble in obedience and lure coursing. Carmen is my old mutt, and through a DNA test was found to be a mixture of several different breeds of dogs, she is 10 yrs old. You can see pics of all of them on their website: http://www.geocities.com/divinewhippets
Vicky
DivineWhippets
WW Member

Postby NiteSkyWhippets » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:18 pm

Im Amy, from south Georgia. i currently have 4 Whippets and a Siberian Husky. We mainly dabble in conformation and the occassional lure coursing event. Pictures of the dogs can be seen on my website.

http://www.niteskywhippets.com
NiteSkyWhippets
WW Member

Postby dr no » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:03 am

Hello, I am Lauren (dr no, formerly furandscales on MSN). My husband Mark and I live about 10 miles north of Boston with our whippet Hermes (3 yrs), our mutt Loki (10 yrs; and 1/4 Irish Setter the rest malamute and chow according to a DNA test, believe it or not) and our 2 cats. We love hiking and playing frisbee with our canine companions and hope to get Hermes into lure coursing in the future.

I do not post much, but I am an avid reader of whippet world. If anyone has any info or tips on how to get Hermes into lure coursing locally, you can just drop me a note. I am also interested in acting as a foster home for whippets in this area if the need arises.

Happy New Year Everyone!
dr no
WW Member

Postby Janet and the Hounds » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:04 am

Hello!

I am Janet, formerly "JanetWhippet" from the old board. I live just outside of Atlanta, GA with my 3 whippets and 1 greyhound pupster. I've had whippets since 1996 and have dabbled in lure coursing, racing, obedience, agility, and conformation throughout the years. My favorite way to spend time with the dogs is our daily walks and special trips to parks and trails for longer hikes.

In my signature below we have: Shona the greyhound (6 months), Nettie (age 3), Praline (age 1) and Gotcha (age 5).
Janet and the Hounds
WW Supporter

Postby stewartlisa » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:06 am

I'm Lisa, I live in Central Missouri with my two whippet girls and two basenji boys, we show, course, race and do rally. I just updated our website at: http://www.fidnet.com/~istew/default.htm
Attachments
9%20July%20cropped%202[1].jpg
Lisa Stewart and the Hounds of Khur
http://khursdogbed.com/
stewartlisa
WW Member

Postby moonbeam3 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:05 am

My names Emily and I have a wonderful husband chad. We live in a small town called Richlands in NC. We are owned by 5 whippets and one chihuahua. oldest to youngest: Whippie 8,Beamer the chihuahua soon to be 7,vegas 5,daya 3,cage soon to be 2,and jenny not quite 6 months. We show the last 3 dogs and plan on corsing next year. I work at a vet office and he at a water plant. I do crafts in my spare time make collars mostly we dont watch tv so i have some nice ones for my dogs. Funny I just joined yesterday and now im doing it all over. good luck too all in the new year

pd daya is cage and Jennys mom
Attachments
Picture 211.jpg
Jenny (skin,skeen)
lil guy.jpg
cage( little guy,kg,guy)
chrop dee.jpg
daya(peed,dee)
moonbeam3
WW Member

Whippet Archives Link: 1932

Postby CoFeature » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:29 am

I'm Kristen Fredericks and my screen name just about everywhere is CoFeature. I live in Smithfield, VA in a c.1754 Tidewater farmhouse with my significant other, Shelton and the Mariner whippets.

To support my dog habit, I am the Marketing Director for a large real estate firm in Southeast Virginia. I also do freelance design and PR (a lot of dog ads - shameless plug).

I am an avid reader and love crossword puzzles. I could never live without my iPod and 24/7 internet access. I have an ever expanding wine collection that I love to share.

From oldest to youngest dogs that live with me:
"Striker" Multi-meet winning Stormwind's Lightning Strike ORC ARX (age 15.5)
"Jarod" Surrey Hill's Pretender JC ARX-ptd (age 10)
"Mabel" Bluestreak Belle Du Jour FCh [English import] (age 8 - on loan)
"Meghan" Multi-meet winning Capetown American Legacy ARX OTRM CRXII (ORC/NORC-ptd)
"Harper" Capetown Harper's Bazaar ARX OTRM CRX (ORC/NORC/WRCh-ptd) (age 8)
"Odi" Multi-meet winning Capetown's Ode to the Mariner ARX (age 7)
"Riggins" Am/Can Ch. Surrey Hill's HMS Bedfordshire FCh DPC TRP (ARX-ptd) (age 6)
"Delta" Group-winning Ch. Taejaan Innocent Eyes [Australian import] (age 5)
"Inga" Group-placing Surrey Hill Ice Queen of Mariner (AKC-ptd) (age 2)
"Butters" SBIS Ch. Surrey Hill's Golden Boy JC (age 1)
"Bernie" Mariner's Drunken Sailor (age 1)

I co-own several dogs with my mentor and friend, Karen Lee (Surrey Hill) that do not live with me but that I am extremely proud of (and act as taxi to when needed).

Of course our brood is getting ready to temporarily expand even more as Delta is due to whelp puppies in a few weeks!

I like all the dog sports, but particularly whippet racing, conformation and lure coursing. I'm the President of MAWRA (Mid-Atlantic Whippet Racing Association). I really feel blessed to live in the Mid-Atlantic where we have such a versatile, amazing, supportive group of people to compete with weekend after weekend.

Kristen
CoFeature
WW Member

Whippet Archives Link: 2770

Postby Cogshall » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:59 am

HI, I live in Minnesota and have 5 whippets. I have been involved in the breed since the early 80's and have participated in many venues. I currently show and race. My kennel name is Cogshall and I currently have draped all over me on the couch while I write this

Daisy-Miss Daisy of Wyndsor SRA2, 10 yrs
Milo-National Select CH Finghin's Timeless Cogshall ARX, DPCX, 5.5 yrs
Noble-Cogshall's Noble Mandrake ARX, NARX3, WRCH, 3.5 yrs
Minnie D-Cogshall's Painted Daisy ARX, NARX, 3.5 yrs
Moses-Marial's Mosinee of Cogshall ARX, 1.5 yrs
Cogshall
WW Member

PreviousNext

Return to Whippet World Message Board