Nigel - August 2006

Nigel - August 2006

Postby chelynnah » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:29 am

Nigel Templeton Scanzello
Whippet of the Month August 2006
Owned and loved by Trish (whippetmom)
Nominated by Jen (Jenzoluck)

Nigel came into the world in the usual way. His parent were champions, but he grew too large for competition. He was destined to be a clown, all big and clunky.

From the moment he learned, by observing, how to dispense ice from the fridge door, I knew we were in for "trouble." Nigel has performed antics like replacing a wrench in a repairman's toolbox with his favorite goose, and trying to push a frizbee into the DVD slot in the TV to watch his favorite movie. He's always a source of amusement.

I think he was chosen to be Whippet of the Month, not because he saved anyone from a burning building and not because he helped an old lady cross the street. He's not a therapy dog, although he did encourage a child, who had been in a terrible accident and who hadn't spoken a word in six months, to talk again. Rather, Nigel's charm is his ability to make people laugh. To put a smile on your face.

Laughter and love are good for the soul and Nigel provides them on a daily basis. When people are down and depressed, they e-mail me or post on the board, "Hey, Trish, I feel down today. Can I have a Nigel story?" You can't ask for more than that from a dog! I thank you for honoring that gift by making Nigel Whippet of the Month for August, 2006. His birthday is August 24, 2001.
chelynnah
WW Manager

Whippet Archives Link: 7231

Return to Former Whippets of the Week / Month